- Tesla, Inc. TSLA supplier Contemporary Amperex Technology Co Ltd an electric-car battery with launched a range of over 1,000 kilometers (620 miles) on a single charge.
- CATL claimed that the battery was 13% more potent than Tesla’s 4680 battery to be made by Panasonic Holdings Corp. PCRFYthe Bloomberg reports.
- The Qilin battery has an energy density of 255 watt-hours per kilogram.
- Also Read: Panasonic Disclosed Finalizing US Site For Tesla’s New Battery Plant
- The battery charges faster than existing cells and is safer and more durable, CATL claimed.
- The leading electric-car battery maker will start commercializing the next-generation “Qilin” in 2023.
- CATL raised 45 billion yuan ($6.7 billion) in a private placement to produce and upgrade lithium-ion battery manufacturing in four Chinese cities and research and development.
- Price Action: TSLA shares traded lower by 0.98% at $701.33 on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.